Every mammal has an endocannabinoid system!
CBD stands for Cannabidiol, one of more than 100 cannabinoids found in cannabis sativa plants. CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system found in all mammals, helping to achieve homeostasis in humans and animals alike.
By law, our products have .3% or less THC, trace amounts that do not produce the “high” feeling often associated with cannabis.
Our bodies have what’s called an endocannabinoid system. CBD works because of this system. The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is a collection of cell receptors within the body. All mammals have this system. These receptors help regulate numerous functions such as sleep, mood, pain and inflammation, to name just a few. Like other systems within our bodies, our endocannabinoid system can become depleted and may need a supplement or a boost, just like an iron or a vitamin D deficiency.
What Does The Research Say About CBD?
Research has shown that CBD may have significant medical benefits without producing any intoxicating effects (the typical “high” or “stoned” feeling). The non-intoxicating nature of hemp-derived CBD makes it an appealing option for people looking to address a wide range of conditions, or who simply use it to relax.
Studies regarding the health benefits of both CBD and marijuana are conducted at prestigious institutions around the world. Promising research out of countries like Canada and Israel dive extensively into both cannabis and CBD’s medical properties.
Scientific and clinical studies indicate that CBD could be effective in easing symptoms of a wide range of difficult-to-control conditions because of these important properties:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: CBD can help reduce inflammation in the body. Some people find relief from arthritis, IBS/IBD, and other pain and discomfort caused by inflammation, as well as inflammatory conditions such as eczema or rosacea.
- Anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) properties: Researchers believe that CBD binds to the same receptors that activate serotonin in the brain, making it a possible remedy for those with anxiety or who have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Sleep-encouraging properties: CBD may play a role in regulating non-REM sleep duration, which leads some CBD customers to use our products to help combat insomnia.
- Antioxidant and neuroprotective properties: Studies have suggested that CBD could reduce damage to the body and brain. Some customers use CBD as part of their regular health and wellness routine.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the main cannabinoids naturally occurring in the hemp plant. No prescription is needed to purchase CBD products. U.S. Scientists, health professionals, medical patients have used CBD-rich products to treat a wide range of conditions – chronic pain, cancer, Crohn’s, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, PTSD, cardiovascular disease, anxiety, antibiotic-resistant infections, multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, and more.
It’s a non-intoxicating cannabinoid that has the ability to act on cannabinoid receptors that are part of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS).
Plant cannabinoids, also known as phytocannabinoids, bind with this system which helps regulate certain vital functions of the body, including:
- And more!
- When the ECS is in sync, the human body is able to achieve what is called homeostasis, which means your body is operating at optimal human performance.
Cannabis is the plant species which is then legally recognized as two different plants, marijuana and hemp. Hemp is a cannabis plant that contains less than .3% THC. Marijuana contains much higher levels of THC which is the cannabinoid that causes intoxication.
NO, as CBD does not bind well to CB1 receptors found in our brain and central nervous system receptors the way THC does, it does not induce the release of serotonin and dopamine (feelings of euphoria). Instead, CBD binds more readily to CB2 receptors found in our immune cells, promoting more antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefit to the immune system.
What we’ve learned from our customers and research is that everyone is different when it comes to CBD. While most people report feeling very calm, relaxed or even tired, others may not be affected in that way.
It depends on what you are looking to address. Certain CBD products take less time or more time to take effect, which can affect your choice in product. Inhalation and under-the-tongue administration take effect faster than gummies, as they bypass your digestive system and liver. You may choose a faster-acting or a slower-acting CBD product depending on what you would like to address.
You may also choose a product depending on the source of your pain. A topical, for example, is good for fast-acting relief of pulled muscles and achy joints, while a sublingual or edible product would be ideal to address internal inflammation.
Contact us if you’d like help choosing a product to fit your need, we’re here to help!
- Created from hemp through full plant extraction
- Includes all active hemp-derived cannabinoids, including <0.3% THC
- Also contains plant terpenes, flavonoids, vitamins, minerals, plant proteins all from original hemp source
- All compounds work together in what is known as the Entourage Effect to multiply the potential health benefits
- Created by taking Full Spectrum extract and further processing it to remove trace amounts of THC
- Includes most active hemp-derived cannabinoids, except THC
- Just like Full Spectrum, all compounds work together in what is known as the Entourage Effect to multiply the potential health benefits
- Created by removing all other molecules except CBD from the Full Spectrum extract
- All that remains is a white powder that is at least 99% pure CBD with 0.0% THC
Dosage varies from person to person, depending on weight and the severity of the condition. Some people take CBD throughout the day, at morning and night, or once daily. If you have a sensitive stomach, you may wish to take sublingual or edible CBD with food.
Individual results vary and serving depends on a variety of factors. We recommend starting low with 5-10 mg of CBD, waiting 3-4 hours, and increasing as necessary to achieve desired effects.
According to survey results, 77% of CBD users are on a daily regimen with the majority taking approximately 10-40mg of CBD daily.
CBD Oil Tinctures
Simply take your desired serving size and hold under the tongue for 10-20 seconds before swallowing.
Get creative and add CBD oil to your favorite drinks! Adjust as needed.
Convenient and portable, you can take your gummies on the go wherever the day takes you. Simply chew and enjoy!
CBD Capsules & Softgels
Pop and go! Simply take with water and swallow like you would with any other supplement. Adjust serving size as needed.
Bring the benefits of CBD straight to your skin. Apply a liberal amount of product to desired area.
Disposable vapes are ready to use right out of the box. Simply inhale and enjoy as needed throughout the day.
CBD Pet Tinctures
Give desired serving directly to your pet or add it to their food or water!
Yes, all products Delta Wellness offers are third-party tested to ensure quality and consistency. We believe people have the right to total transparency from a health and wellness company.
CBD and other plant cannabinoids can potentially interact with some pharmaceuticals by inhibiting the activity of cytochrome P450, a family of liver enzymes. This key enzyme group metabolizes many of the drugs we consume.
CBD interacts with other medications in your body the same way as grapefruit. If you’ve been told not to take your medication with grapefruit, this is due to the compound in grapefruit that can interfere with the metabolism of medications. The compounds in CBD can do the same thing, reducing or increasing the effects of certain prescribed medications. By slowing down how the body metabolizes these drugs, CBD preserves the medication’s durability and prolongs its presence in the body.